Malfroy - Room 17 News
News From Malfroy Room 17
· is one of two satellite classes situated at Malfroy Primary School
· we currently have six students in the class
· students are supported by a Special Needs Teacher and three Teacher Aides
· our students are also supported by a Speech Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist and an Orientation and Mobility Specialist.
· additional to specialist programs, our students also participate in music therapy, Māori lessons, sensory motor program and play based learning.
· We have a community integration programme where we attend Riding for the Disabled, swimming and visit places of interest in the community.
Term One News 2020
Our students have settled well into their daily routines at school. This term our topic is humanoids, so we have a lot of exciting activities planned to help the students understand a little bit more about the human body and also robotics. We are also going to look at how to look after our wellbeing and keep ourselves fit and healthy. Our students love sensory play, so during this hot weather we will be engaging in a lot of water play activities. We will be going to Riding for the Disabled on a Thursday and participating in integration activities such as swimming on a Friday.